Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Diary of Two Future Mommies...

I guess I should start this by introducing myself. I'm Sandy. For those of you who know me now, you will know that I have been with my partner Sher for nearly 7 years now. We are just a normal couple who enjoy meeting new friends, shopping, going to the movies, going to church and spending time with family and friends. We also enjoy all kinds of video games, and Sher is a fanatic for most electronic gadgets. Many of you who know Sher and I know that we have been trying to conceive for nearly 5 years off and on. This is much more difficult being two future mommies than it is for a regular couple, especially given the stress of the timing, the cost associated with it and the fact that I have some fertility issues, but this is a journey that we continue to take to start our family. Some of you may not know that earlier this year I was pregnant and had an early miscarriage. This was devastating for us, and it took a while to get over that loss. My heart goes out to anyone who goes through that kind of loss. Hopefully most of you if not all of you will never have to go through that kind of loss. About a week after my miscarriage we were walking out of Logan's Roadhouse in South Austin and we were robbed. Sher was thrown to the ground by the person who robbed us and was bruised very badly...I also think that this has something to do with Sher's current issue. On Sept. 27th, 2008 she suffered a very sudden herniated disc in her back. She has been in tremendous pain for the last 2 months and has been so brave going through the physical therapy to try to relieve the pain and get back to normal every day things. For those of you who know Sher...this is REALLY hard for her because she is very active and loves to shop. She has not really been able to do any shopping except for "Windows" Shopping online since her disc herniated. She is getting better slowly but surely, and we hope that she will be back to her normal everyday things very soon. Since she is doing much better now than she was even a couple of weeks ago, we are finally going to start trying to have a baby again. I hope and pray to be expecting by sometime in 2009!

I plan on trying to write in this blog every week during the rest of our journey as we are trying again to conceive. We go back to the doctor on Dec. 5th, 2008 and we will see when we will be able to start trying to conceive again. Please keep us in your prayers, and I look forward to hearing from you all and sharing a little of our journey with you.

No comments: