Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sandy's 2 cents!

So, as Sher has already told you all, it is Quads! I can imagine how big I am gonna be through all of this. I already look like I did when I was about 5 months pregnant with Lizzy and I am only 8 weeks! This is one huge blessing, and I know that for me it is going to cause me to find patience where I have not had it for a long time. I am going to have to relinquish a lot of control over things that I normally take care of, because these things 1. stress me out, and 2. I really can't carry and do the things I am used to doing. Like right now, I can pack a box, but when it is done and the tape has been sealed, I have to rely on someone else to actually move the box for me. This is hard because I have never been a weakling, and as long as Sher has been hurt, I have been the one having to do all of the heavy lifting in our household...for my straight friends, it is almost like if your husband were the one pregnant and wasn't able to do anything. Do not get me wrong I am not saying I am the "husband" in our relationship, but I am not a weak woman either, so with the odds being that I will have to go on bed rest in a few months, this leaves me somewhat at a loss of what to do. We are finally closing on our own home and I had hoped to be able to do some projects on the house, but now it appears I may not even be able to go shopping for the nursery stuff, unless we are ordering it online...I have to depend on other people to help me, and I am totally blessed that we have some friends and family who are embracing this change we are going through and who are willing to literally do the heavy lifting of our furniture and other things to help us move into our new home. I have to pray a lot about finances because when I have to go out on bed rest I won't be getting all of my pay, and that is really hard, especially with 4 new babies on the way and a 2 year old depending on our income. I have never really been one to have to ask for assistance, but I have been paying taxes all of these years, so I guess I will finally have to be one of those people who have to ask for help, at least until I can get back to work. That in and of itself is really humbling to me. I don't see that we would be in this situation if it were just a single baby on the way, and even with twins, but with four, this is so life changing. At the same time, our doc had to tell us about the option of selective reduction, and I just could not do that. I can not see myself having a doctor go in and cut off the blood flow to one of my babies. If this means that I have to struggle, then so be it, because I will not, not, not voluntarily reduce my babies. I feel truly that if the Lord has brought us to this, then we have to trust that HE will also see us through this. It is meant to be this way, and now once we get moved, we are on to trying to figure out the nursery, names and trying to do what I can until they stick me on bed rest. I am just going to take the best care of myself and these babies as I can, to keep them in as long as I can, and enjoy these last few months with Lizzy all on her own. She may be in the terrible two's and be as frustrating as possible at times, but she is getting so big so fast, and soon she is going to have to adapt to so many changes, that I want to be able to cherish these days before the new babies get here. Until next time...have a great one...

2 comments:

Mum of 5 to be said...

Hi Sandy - I so get what you are saying about relinquishing control. I am normally super busy, go get em attitude but have practically done nothing since finding out about the triplets, and it is really hard. My hubby said to me "it's not about you anymore - it's about those babies".
That really put it into perspective for me :)

Manczak-Taft fam said...

I totally understand...it seems to all be about the babies at this point! Thankfully ours are doing well, and I hope that yours are also!